LOOKING AHEAD TO 2014

I received a card from a friend back in Michigan that simply said, "2014 is your year to shine!"

It brought me to tears, and I can not give you a good, plausible explanation as to why.

Allow me to back up just a bit ... okay, a lot.

For as long as I can remember, I have felt like I have been in a holding pattern.  Well-meaning friends and family have gently nudged me with questions like, "When are you going to settle down?" or "Are you dating anyone nice?" or "What's wrong with you?  Can't you find Mr. Right?"

For as long as I can remember, I have attempted to answer the question, what is wrong with me?  Oh the hours I have literally wasted on answering that one.

The answer I've come up with?  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU WHO THINK THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME?

I wish I learned that lesson 20 years ago.  I am a sloooooow learner.

As I think upon that simple gift, I am going to let go of regret and let 2014 SHINE.


Comments

Popular Posts