In the meantime, the other day, I caught myself thinking about how boring Year 2010 was. After a brief glance at my blog posts, I've realized, 2010 actually was boring, but sprinkled with some pretty life-changing moments as well. And so, without further adieu ...
YEAR 2010 ... IN REVIEW!
- Well, I'm considering December 31, 2009, in this because, at 4 p.m. that day, I found out that the nodules formerly known as Ted and Ned were benign! Yay me! Yay God!
- I made the goal of reading 50 Books in 12 Months again and promptly failed at it. I'm blaming that on ....
- I started graduate school at Georgetown College ... a Teacher Leader MA in Reading and Writing.
- One of our SSS own, Miss Monde, was trapped in her homeland, Haiti, after the devastating earthquake there. Great opportunity to teach our kiddos about selflessly giving.
- Snow in January meant snow days for Miss Murray
- Another snow day or two or three ...
- I threw a birthday party for myself at The Penguin Bar in Lexington ... Yay #38 for me!
- I ate at Claudia Sanders ... wife of Colonel Sanders. She's knows how to cook!
- SPRING came to the Bluegrass!!! I started sneezing again.
- I cut my hair SUPER short ... well, I didn't cut it, but ... well, you get the point.
- End of another school year winding down ...
- BIG flood of 2010 ... the stench ... the devastation for some. Whew!
- Summer break begins as does an all-out HOUSE search -- scrap the apartment search idea.
- Summer classes begin after I earned my first 4.0 of my master's program.
- Family visit with trips to the Cumberland Gap and Pine Mountain, the Louisville Zoo, The Lexington Legends, and just plain hang-out time.
- The beginning of another school year (the craziest one yet!), the ending of a set of summer classes, many TO DO lists written, and much sweat equity in my classroom after a MAJOR HVAC reno at school.
- A new school year
- House shopping ... OY VEY!!! Stepping out on my own to make the BIGGEST purchase of my life.
- Grad school started up again ... I was already tired of it before it had even begun ...
- Continued to hear about the oil spill in the Gulf as well as in my home county back in Michigan.
- I began the process of actually making an offer on a house. GULP!
- I agreed to be a part of a Writing Project fellowship using technology.
- I went to my very first Honky Tonk.
- I fell waaaaay behind on my grad school work.
- I BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!!
- I packed up a townhouse.
- I moved to the new house.
- I organized ... and organized ... and organized ...
- I became a frequent shopper at Lowe's.
- Watched 33 miners being rescued from a Chilean mine via CNN ... incredible!
- Celebrated Thanksgiving my own home.
- Enjoyed the first snow fall of the season ... two month early.
- Celebrated Christmas in my own home ... with my family!!!
- Enjoyed (begrudgingly) two snow days in December ... a month too early.
Which ever way I choose to look at it though, 2010 was a year for stepping out in faith for me! And I must admit, I am looking forward to all that 2011 has in store for me! Out with the old, in with the new!