Yeaaaaah ... that didn't happen. Somewhere a long the line, and probably after school started back up and the craziness ensued, I got ... I don't know ... apathetic. I just lost my motivation. All of it.
I was going to do something creative and fun and FREE with my yard ... didn't happen.
I was going to entertain more ... didn't happen.
I was going to be more creative this year ... didn't happen.
I was going to read more ... didn't happen.
I was going to lose more weight by adding more exercise ... soooooo didn't happen.
What did happen is that I just got lazier. Really LAZIER ... wait. Is that a word? An appropriate phrase? Whatever. I was lazy. Really lazy.
This year wasn't all bad. I grew friendships. I discovered new friendships and found the value in renewed friendships. In some cases, I had to put distance in other friendships.
I came to realize that putting unnecessary expectations are not at all healthy for me. So, I attempted to remove expectations (easier said than done). It worked well in some areas ... not so well in other areas.
I did attempt to step outside of my box a little bit, but there is always room to grow there as well.
I discovered this blog (http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11973/20-things-to-let-go-of-before-the-new-year.html), and it has helped me really rework my thoughts and feelings surrounding the end of this year, 2013. These 20 things will help me shape how I look at this new year, Year 2014. I still have no big expectations for the new year, because I am taking these 20 things to just let go of in the new year!
1. Let go of all thoughts that don't make you feel empowered and strong.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
3. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
4. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
7. Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
8. Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
9. Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first … because you matter.
10. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
11. Let go of thinking there's a right and wrong way to do things or to see the world. Enjoy the contrast and celebrate the diversity and richness of life.
12. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
13. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.
14. Let go of anger toward ex lovers and family. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
15. Let go of the need to do more and be more; for today, you've done the best you can, and that's enough.
16. Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.
17. Let go of your money woes — make a plan to pay off debt and focus on your abundance.
18. Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and stop focusing on others.
19. Let go of trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
20. Let go of self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are. Celebrate you!