I know, right? People pay big money for this sort of advice, and I'm doling it out for free. But it goes way beyond underwear; although, really, it should be said that clean and untouched by holes is always best.
No, this little nugget of sage advice really speaks to the need for all of us to be prepared. Preparedness is next to godliness ... or maybe that's cleanliness, but seriously, being prepared ... it is such a good characteristic to embrace. I mean, the Boy Scouts are rocking the BE PREPARED motto. From my point of view, it really comes down to this:
- Be prepared to step up should the need arise.
- Be prepared to show you are ready to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Be prepared to prove how invaluable you are.
- Be prepared to work hard and perhaps not get your just desserts.
- Be prepared to put your best foot forward, even when your shoes are scuffed and torn.
- Be prepared to rock it while you've got it.
- Be prepared.