Wait! How did that happen, exactly?
When did I blink?
Wasn't it just Christmas?
I set out to not necessarily make a bunch of resolutions I wasn't ever going to keep. Instead, with the new year, I decided to create a WORD OF THE YEAR. That word for 2015 is/was DISCIPLINE.
Ahhhhhhh! Discipline. It's a tough one for me. I knew it on the outset. It was going to kick my butt. I just knew it would.
But rather than wait until the end of 2015, wherein, I will focus on the big picture and all the ways I didn't meet my word of the year challenge, I thought it might be more helpful to have monthly check-ins.
Give my faithful readers .... all ten of you .... some insight on how the first month has gone.
In a word ... EEEEHHHHH!
It hasn't been a complete wash, but it hasn't been great.
Here is how it's not been great:
- I'm at the highest weight I've ever been
- I STILL can't stay awake to read more than an hour.
- I am having difficulty portioning out my dinners -- the worst part of my day.
- I have difficulty fitting exercise in every single day.
- My house still isn't completely organized.
- I haven't finished my GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL.
Yet, here are some great things that have occurred:
- I have made enough freezer meals to last me the next month and a half.
- I have kept my bathrooms relatively clean for the last two weeks (a feat for me, ladies and gentlemen!).
- I have taken one night a week to write sections of my GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL.
- I am walking at least a couple of days a week.
- I have been putting folded clothes away close to the time they were laundered. That's a big step.
Discipline must come in baby steps for me. If it doesn't, then I fail completely. That's just how it is.
So, that, ladies and gentlemen, is my January check-in. Much work to do, but gosh! Look at me toddle!