SPRINGTIME HAS SPRUNG!

On my drive to work this morning, I saw TONS of early flowering trees ... witnessed my daffodils bouncing happily in the early morning breeze ... heard the birds singing loudly ... yep, SPRING has SPRUNG. 

My kids are INSANELY crazy.  They are goofy and whiny and tired and hyped and all those things rolled into one gigantic mess of stinky fourth graderness.  Yep, SPRING has SPRUNG.

Other signs that the season is upon us ... our school custodian was out mowing our school lawn.  That made me think about my lawn, and the fact that, honestly, it could use a mow ... in MARCH!  I am a Michigan girl; we've never mowed  ANYTHING in March. We've snow-blown a whole lotta stuff, but I can't remember ever getting a lawn mower out before ... gosh ...  May???   Really!   

And yet, here I sit, contemplating whether or not I should go to the gas station and buy some gas for my lawn mower ... which, now that I'm thinking about it, could probably use some new oil and fresh spark plugs (who knows how to change those!).  Yep, SPRING has SPRUNG!

Of course, we can't have a lawn mower discussion without a subsequent discussion about my shirtless neighbor, who has already wowed us all with his winter fur, while it was still yet cold out.  The minute I pull out that lawn mower, I will be bombarded by the budinskis' incessant staring, and they've added a new house guest.  Even more eyes to watch me unglamourously [is this even a word??] sweat my way up one stretch of lawn and down the next. 

YEP, SPRING HAS DEFINITELY SPRUNG!

Comments

Popular Posts