She's a Hunter, Alright!


Emmy is three and a half years old, and it's just been recently that her natural feline instincts have kicked in.  Okay, it's not like she's been a failure as a feline up to this point.  It's just that she's acted more like a dog at times than the cat she really is.

You might all remember last weekend, when she finally showed off her friend, Mr. Snake?  She was very upset when I relegated her to the upstairs so that we could remove Mr. Snake without her assistance.  If she could talk, I believe the conversation might have gone a bit like this:

"Listen, you ho-bags!  This guy is mine.  Who is the one that found him, stalked him, and messed with his little snake mind the last month?  Not you two, certainly!  It was me!  Back the heck off!"

Emmy isn't necessarily the most polite of young ladies ...

Two nights ago, Emmy woke me up in the middle of the night, yowling.  It was loud, obnoxious, and I could tell, she was trying desperately to get my attention.  So, I drug my tired butt out of bed to see what the problem was.  The problem, as it turns out, was a GIGANTIC, freaked-out cricket that was desperately trying to jump away from Emmy and her fishy breath.

Luckily, I had an empty glass in my room, so I was easily able to scoop him up and then flush him in the toilet, where all good, large-ish crickets should end up.

Emmy was not pleased.  In fact, she sat on the floor switching her tail at me. I didn't care. It was 3tooearlyinthemorning!

Fast-forward to last night, when we were under all kinds of weather watches and warnings.  As you can imagine, my weather phobic self didn't sleep very well, and when the storm finally blew through, and was nothing to write home about, I finally collapsed into bed, physically and mentally exhausted.  So, at 3:30 a.m., when Miss I Don't Care What Time It Is came back into my room and started yowling like crazy, I was pretty sure I knew what the problem was.

I stumbled out of bed, turned on a light, and sure enough!  Emmy had another cricket!

I am not sure where she's finding all these critters, but she's definitely got the taste for blood!  I'm worried about the next thing she's planning to drag into my room in the middle of the night ...

Comments

Popular Posts