Facebook Whining

I have been absent for a while. 

I've left you hanging.

I am sorry.

I wish I had a really good excuse for you, but mowing the lawn, while a very valid reason, probably doesn't sound like much of an excuse.

I have forgotten how hard it is to get a 3-mile walk in ... and do dinner ... and clean up from dinner ... and make lunch for the next day ... and set the coffeemaker ... and pick up the house ... how hard that all is when you add the outside chore of LAWN WORK to the mix. 

Considering all the rain we've had in the last few weeks -- and that we're getting in the coming days -- this adds a certain degree of difficulty to the whole thing.

That does not negate the fact that I have had A LOT on my mind lately.  I have ... really. Stuff I have wanted to get into my blog. 

Currently, my biggest beef is with this ... Facebook Whining.

Raise your hand if you are soooooooo very sick of Facebook Whining.

I will pause ... and wait ... take a drink of coffee ...

Yep, it's just as I thought.  A lot of you are.

Now, I preface this semi-rant by saying that I am so very guilty as the next person of using Facebook to rant about what I now realize is inconsequential things in my day.  One of my biggest rants was attempting to defend my profession.

I am not doing that any more.

I have decided, a few weeks back, that if it wasn't some how uplifting, inspiring, or humorous, it wasn't going on my Facebook page.

Why?

Well, I think for the very basic reason that no one cares.  Facebook was put into place, at least in my mind's eye, to connect with people.  When I connect in person, I much prefer to hang out and enjoy their company, not whine and be political and be cutting and vindictive. 

Now that I think of it, I have a list for this whole business, and second on that list is that my validation SHOULD NOT come from 415 "friends."

Lately, I've seen far too many people attempt to get people on their side of seeing things.  I don't know, if you have to publicly ask for validation, you perhaps need to rethink what it is you are validating.

And really, when you think about it, how many of us would actually CHOOSE to hang around with a whiny butt?  So, why would I subject myself to the whinings of a person on Facebook that is searching for his or her self-worth with the masses of individuals that spend their days posting 100 plus memes on their page?

Rather, it should be my job to pray for that poor person that must get onto their Facebook page and seek validation for their parenting skills or friendship skills.  Clearly, this person has some deep-seated issues from which they need freedom. 

It is one thing to be an encouragement to people.  It's another thing entirely to get on your Facebook page, day in and day out, seeking canned compliments about your parenting, your dedication for your job, or your worth as a person. 

I've been toying with the idea of unfriending those individuals that are repeat offenders of said Facebook whining.  I am pretty convinced some have done that to me in the past.  I wouldn't blame them, to be quite honest about the whole situation.

I think the whole thing rests on the idea that our world would be a much better place if everyone worked toward kindness and compassion and encouragement rather than finding ways to make themselves feel better. 

Comments

Popular Posts