CHANGING THE DIRECTION OF THINGS

I have blogged more times than I care to count on my struggle with food.  

Struggle:  I love to eat.

Bigger Struggle:  I love to eat bad things.

BIGGEST Struggle: I have gained a TON of weight.

PROBLEM:  I am waaaaay over-weight.

I have failed more times than I care to count as well.  It's a constant battle that I fear will never truly end.  That leaves me feeling badly.  How does something that I MUST do every day, i.e., eating, be such a struggle for some people?  Furthermore, why must I struggle with it?  Why can't I just eat when I am hungry and be done with it?

A friend and I were just having this, what seems like, never-ending conversation, and, sorry to say, neither one of us came up with any solutions.  

The bottom line is that this is a struggle ... for A LOT of us.  Not sure how to solve it.  Or if there is even a solution.  And as long as there is social media and TV and everything else out there that is driving what is pretty and desirable and "good-looking," there will ALWAYS be people like me, wondering what is wrong with us ... wondering what we've done wrong ... wondering why we are some how not good enough ... etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.  

Someone posted this on Facebook, and I happened upon in this morning. 


Not sure whose art this is, but I LOVE it!!  It speaks volumes to me.

If others see you content, they are drawn to you.  Period.  I am not saying that I am throwing away my struggle.  I am of an age that if I don't do something soon, I am going to be in a world of hurt, health-wise.  But at some point, I HAVE to find my contentment.

So, I'm changing the direction of things ... 

I am changing my course.  

I suppose the constant change in direction is better than just sitting there and watching it all pass me by, right?  

This is me ... changing the course of things.  




Comments

Popular Posts