ON BEING THANKFUL


I don't know what it is about this time of year, but instead of feeling sad about the waning light of the summer sun, I feel rejuvenated.  I guess it's just because this Kentucky Fall is just so darn awesome.  

Driving to a favorite fall festival today, an amazing, sun-filled day stretched out before me, I was struck, once again, just how lucky I am.  At one point in my drive, I remember saying to myself, "I couldn't have dreamed this for myself."  And really, I couldn't.  

I have moments where I get down.  There are things I'd love to have and places I'd love to go. But you know what?  At the end of the day, I really do have a life that is rich and beautiful and, well, just good. 


Sometimes, I just need to stop all my whining and remember that I wasn't promised golden palaces and marble hallways.  I was just promised a life to live to the best of my abilities ... a life to be thankful for.  

This is me being very grateful...

Comments

Popular Posts