A REVIEW OF MY "MORE OR LESS" LIST

I stole a MORE OR LESS list from a friend for my unofficial NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.

I don't do resolutions.

No.  Seriously.  I don't do them.  I end up failing at them miserably.

However, these seemed reasonable.  The appealed to my lazy sensibilities.

To refresh your memory, all five of you that read this blog, they were as follows:


  1. Smile more.
  2. Stress less.
  3. Encourage more.
  4. Worry less.
  5. Write more.
  6. Procrastinate less.
  7. Make more.
  8. Spend less.
  9. Move more.
  10. Eat less. 
Sooooooo, I bet you're wondering how I've been doing on these little more or less items, right?  

Wellllllll, I'm doing okay on it, and that's being generous, I fear.

I did spend less this month. However, we have lived through four months in 2015 so far, and I've gotten paid twice in each of those months.  So, by my calculations, I've had eight paychecks in which to spend less.  One out of eight seems like a poor number, no?

I am trying to smile more.  Today wouldn't be one of those days.  I am crabby.  People have generally made me angry.  I will attempt to smile more later. 

I will say, I am making progress on the stress/worry less frontier.  There may be some of you who are all, "YEAH RIGHT!" right about now, but seriously.  If you could crawl into my inner being, you would see that the amount of stuff I used to stress and worry over is much less these days.  Do I still stress and worry?  Absolutely.  It's human nature.  But it's less. 

Moving more and eating less.  This is the eternal struggle, is it not?  My moving more is hindered by two things:
  • I am in constant, chronic pain.
  • I am lazy.  
This week, I have started walking.  It's painful, but I'm doing it.  So, four months into the new year, it's a bit pitiful, I will admit.  But, I am turning over a leaf ... a dried ... brown ... crumbled ... last year's leaf ... but a leaf none the less. 

I have been making a concerted effort to encourage more.  I feel my poor attitude flies in the face of my encouragement, however. 

Geez.  As I read through this, it seems I'm failing more than I'm succeeding.  

Par for the course, I suppose.  

See.  This is why I don't like doing these resolution deals.  

More work to be done.  

Comments

Popular Posts