LAZY

I am probably not accomplishing all that I wanted to accomplish this summer.  As I look at the calendar, my summer is rapidly winding down (insert a teary-eyed gulp here!).  Per my typical way of dealing with life, I put too much on my Summer Bucket List.  Part of this was by design ... part of it was in anticipation that the summer weather would be slightly better than it's been.

To summarize ...

First three weeks ... hot, humid, some rain.
The rest ... RAINY.

However, I have to remind myself that the whole point of a vacation is to relax, and, I suppose, in my own way, I have relaxed ... A LOT.

I have done other things.  I mean, I've walked every. single. day of this vacation ... well, I've missed four days, today included, because of rain.  But other than that, despite humid temps, I've walked any where from 2.5 to 3 miles daily.

My house has never been cleaner.  Now, I'm not suggesting that you eat off of my floors.  Beyond the cat hair you'd ingest, there's the whole "my cat walks on these floors, and did I mention she was just in her cat pan" situation. However, for the most part, you can see the surface of stuff in my house, and other than my guest bedroom, things are put away relatively soon.  I will admit to slips in my own bedroom. That room has been messier than neat this summer.  I have no excuse.  So I will just move on.

Up until our monsoon season, my yard looked fantastic!  I got rid of three ugly bushes in my front yard that I'd just come to a I CAN'T EVEN point with ... and, as an added bonus, I got poison oak ... AND as a super extra bonus, I discovered that I was apparently growing it ... in my flower beds.  So, there's that.

I've discovered a enjoyment of shooting hoops.  I'm not going to say a full-fledged love of basketball because, let's be honest here, I ...
A.) can run and pivot on my arthritic knees
B.) would be stretching it A LOT to say I thought it was the best sport going.

But I do enjoy the challenge of making a basket, and trust me when I tell you, it's a challenge for me!

I've managed to read some books.  Not a lot ... I fall asleep quite a bit.  I'm lame, what can I say.

Most importantly, I've managed to relax, and let me tell you.  After this school year?  It was imperative that I relax!

I'm looking at a clean slate here, folks, and I have to tell you, it looks good!

So, my wisdom today?  Embrace lazy ... if lazy means that you take each day as it comes, hold little to no expectations to the day, and let whatever happens, happen.

Comments

Popular Posts