THAT MOMENT WHEN YOU REALIZE YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME

How does one miss the fact that they have to go back to work next week?

Listen.  If I had the answer to that, I would be that much closer to a cure to cancer or at least an answer to world peace.

The ONE in this scenario?  Yeah.  Do you even have to guess at this? It's me!  I am the one that thought I had an extra week to lull about my house in a fog of laziness.  I am the one that thought I had another day to fiddly fart around imagining that I lived a life of ease and opulence.

By the way, I don't.

I was asked to serve on an interview committee, and interviews were Monday and Tuesday.  At some point on Monday, between interviews, and while listening to my colleagues and principal talk about upcoming events, I decided to look at my calendar.

Folks!  I am not sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing, but slowly ... ever so slowly, it began to wash over me ... this realization that next week ... NEXT. WEEK. was filled with opening of school activities.

YOU. ALL.

I have not been in my room at all over the summer.  AT.  ALL.  If you know me at all, you know how unheard of this truly is.  Seriously.  Now, I have been working on units all summer.  I've not been doing absolutely nothing.  There is some redemption in this whole situation.  But my room, while not a disaster, isn't what I would call, organized and ready to go.

But I had an extra week, so whatever.

EXCEPT I DIDN'T!!!!

At some point, I'm going to need to stop, breathe, and haul up those Big Girl Drawers and get busy.  For now, please allow me to have a bit of a FREAK OUT moment because right now?  I. Can't. Even.


Comments

Popular Posts