A TEACHER'S FIRST BLOG -- APRIL 9, 2005

So, I'm new to this whole blogging thing ... wasn't sure what it was at first, but I'm obsessed with writing, and I was intrigued by this new venue in which to write. So I thought I would give it a try ... and here I am ...

I'm a teacher ... a third grade teacher. I came into this profession later in life ... well, not completely late in life. I started my first job at 29 years of age. I was a late bloomer, you could say. It took me six years to find my current passion (beyond writing), and I have to say, it was worth every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears (lots of tears) to get to this point. I LOVE teaching. Grant it, teaching provides its own heavy dose of blood, sweat, and tears -- sometimes I feel like I'm in the deep trenches doing hand to hand combat and getting no where fast -- but I can't imagine any other job that's more fulfilling.

I'm looking at the last nine weeks of my third year. I have had some monumental ups and tremendous downs. Coming off of an incredibly beautiful spring break week, I'm sitting here wondering what these final nine weeks will be like. What kind of development will I see in my students? What sort of leaps and bounds will be made? What kind of development will I see in myself? What sort of leaps and bounds will I make?

So, I'm thinking this is an evolving medium, but I kind of imagine this being the spot that I can post my feelings, gripes, whines, victories, triumphs from my teaching day ... a diary of a teacher, so to speak.

Enjoy ... and welcome to my world!



Comments

Popular Posts