Swirling thoughts like a good wine

Sooooooo ... I've had a lot on my mind lately. Most of it, I've wanted to write down. Some how, though, it just never happened.

Because, maybe, I wimped out and watched a cheesy Christmas movie on Lifetime instead ...

Or I just became apathetic and sullen ...

Or I cleaned a toilet or two ...

Or I ignored the great piles of laundry that I can now shut in a closet and pretend isn't there ...

What ever the reason (read: excuse), I've not written, and my head is fairly close to exploding from all the "bottling up" action going on up there.

We've had snow ... lots of it for our area. Like five inches of it. With the snow has come some pretty frigid temperatures. Of course, I have been complaining about how cold it is, and how much it's going to cost me to heat my house, and then last night, I found out about a man that is, essentially, living in his car. Suddenly, my money spent on the heating of my house seemed insignificant.

In the not so distant past, something was dumped in my lap. Something that I had no ownership of ... that I had absolutely no control of ... something that had nothing to do with me, but for which I was assigned blame. It left me questioning my loyalties, my alliances, my allegiances, and my ability to appropriately judge character. It left me hurt ... annoyed ... saddened ... despondent ... on edge ... distrustful. And then if by magic, I was surrounded by these amazing, wise-beyond-their-years girlfriends that poured on me love and grace and kindness.

I realized something.

I'm blessed.

I'm ridiculously blessed. To be showered with so much and so often, it really does seem like more than I deserve. And yet, here I am so richly blessed, while so many aren't.

I'm not sure how the blessings shake out ... I'm not sure why some get showered with so much and some do not. Perhaps we all get showered with the same amount, and some of us just recognize them as what they are ... and some of us don't.

Whatever the case may be, these blessing swirl in my mind and heart like good wine in a glass. I'm exceedingly full ... intoxicatingly full ... my cup runneth over.

And so I inhale my good fortunes and hope and pray that I share generously and often with those around me ...

Comments

Popular Posts