Pampering ....

I won a day of pampering at my salon. I can't even begin to tell you just how excited I was about this day of complete and total bliss. I know a lot of people that are regularly treated to days of pampering, and while I was always envious of the attention (not to mention the finances available to do such a thing), I couldn't help but feel a bit of superiority. Superiority in that I knew I wasn't frivolously throwing good money away on something that really has no lasting power. But it's been a really rough school year ... they seem to get rougher each year ... and the idea of spending the better part of a day surrendering myself to the capable hands of the girls responsible for facials, massages, pedicures, and manicures, was more than I could begin to articulate.

Only, I couldn't relax!! For the first half of the day, I kept thinking that there was something I needed to do ... somewhere I needed to be ... these people can't all be waiting on me!?!? Why would they want to wait on me? It was just plain ridiculous!

Thankfully, mid-way through the pampering session, I finally settled down and allowed myself to relax and just enjoy it ... BUT ONLY after I realized that for whatever reason, we women ... single and married ... mothers and childless ... can't seem to take the time to really take care of ourselves. Oh sure, we can plunk down in front of the television, but when it comes to true, good, appropriate ways to treat ourselves healthfully and well, for some reason, we can't seem to bring ourselves to do it. It feels unnatural ... unnecessary ... unwarranted.

Therefore, I have resolved to change that thought process in my own mind. I will attempt to figure out a way to make time for healthy pursuits. I need to be willing to pamper myself, and that pampering must be more than spending a day watching HGTV marathons.

Comments

Popular Posts