2010: A Boring Year in Review

Oh, I was going to start this whole post off with my lofty New Years Resolutions, but let's be honest here. I suck at keeping them ... so, I'm going to think about what I think I can really accomplish, and put some lame, easy to meet resolutions ... possibly tomorrow ... if I feel like it.

In the meantime, the other day, I caught myself thinking about how boring Year 2010 was. After a brief glance at my blog posts, I've realized, 2010 actually was boring, but sprinkled with some pretty life-changing moments as well. And so, without further adieu ...
YEAR 2010 ... IN REVIEW!

January ....
  • Well, I'm considering December 31, 2009, in this because, at 4 p.m. that day, I found out that the nodules formerly known as Ted and Ned were benign! Yay me! Yay God!
  • I made the goal of reading 50 Books in 12 Months again and promptly failed at it. I'm blaming that on ....
  • I started graduate school at Georgetown College ... a Teacher Leader MA in Reading and Writing.
  • One of our SSS own, Miss Monde, was trapped in her homeland, Haiti, after the devastating earthquake there. Great opportunity to teach our kiddos about selflessly giving.
  • Snow in January meant snow days for Miss Murray
February ...
  • Another snow day or two or three ...
  • I threw a birthday party for myself at The Penguin Bar in Lexington ... Yay #38 for me!
  • I ate at Claudia Sanders ... wife of Colonel Sanders. She's knows how to cook!
March ...
  • I began the apartment search in earnest.
  • I did NOTHING on Spring Break!
April ...
  • SPRING came to the Bluegrass!!! I started sneezing again.
  • I cut my hair SUPER short ... well, I didn't cut it, but ... well, you get the point.
May ...
  • End of another school year winding down ...
  • BIG flood of 2010 ... the stench ... the devastation for some. Whew!
June ...
  • Summer break begins as does an all-out HOUSE search -- scrap the apartment search idea.
  • Summer classes begin after I earned my first 4.0 of my master's program.
July ...
  • Family visit with trips to the Cumberland Gap and Pine Mountain, the Louisville Zoo, The Lexington Legends, and just plain hang-out time.
  • The beginning of another school year (the craziest one yet!), the ending of a set of summer classes, many TO DO lists written, and much sweat equity in my classroom after a MAJOR HVAC reno at school.
August ...
  • A new school year
  • House shopping ... OY VEY!!! Stepping out on my own to make the BIGGEST purchase of my life.
  • Grad school started up again ... I was already tired of it before it had even begun ...
  • Continued to hear about the oil spill in the Gulf as well as in my home county back in Michigan.
September ...
  • I began the process of actually making an offer on a house. GULP!
  • I agreed to be a part of a Writing Project fellowship using technology.
  • I went to my very first Honky Tonk.
  • I fell waaaaay behind on my grad school work.
October ...
  • I BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!!
  • I packed up a townhouse.
  • I moved to the new house.
  • I organized ... and organized ... and organized ...
  • I became a frequent shopper at Lowe's.
  • Watched 33 miners being rescued from a Chilean mine via CNN ... incredible!
November ...
  • Celebrated Thanksgiving my own home.
  • Enjoyed the first snow fall of the season ... two month early.
December ...
  • Celebrated Christmas in my own home ... with my family!!!
  • Enjoyed (begrudgingly) two snow days in December ... a month too early.
I've decided I need to look for more exciting things to do this coming year ... I've lived boringly this past year ... of course, there was that whole Grad School thing ... maybe I'm just in a season of Boring right now.

Which ever way I choose to look at it though, 2010 was a year for stepping out in faith for me! And I must admit, I am looking forward to all that 2011 has in store for me! Out with the old, in with the new!

Comments

Popular Posts