Getting My Flirt On

I titled this post GETTING MY FLIRT ON, but let's be honest here.  I am not sure where I last put it.  So, actually strapping it on and hitting the battle grounds, well, let's just say it's an exercise in futility at this point.

Today, I went to Lowe's for a couple of reasons ...

  1. I found a bill I should have paid ... four days ago.  Oops! I filed it BEFORE I paid it.  I've done this too many times recently.
  2. I needed to price out two projects that will be in my immediate future (none of which I want to do ... I want to paint ... well, okay, I sorta want to paint.  The other part of me wants to wake up one morning and see that the painting fairies had been here and painted for me.  My imagination is a thing of beauty, no?).  
While there, I accomplished the aforementioned goals, but I also remembered that I needed to pick up some biodegradable leaf bags because once the DROUGHT OF 2012 ends, and we can all come outside and work in our lawns without spontaneously combusting, I need to do some MAJOR weeding.  So, I grabbed a package. 

Now, these packages contain five biodegradable bags that are folded neatly inside a biodegradable wrapper.  pretty slick, and while slightly bulking in size, the package is really very light.  

So, I wheel up to the register, where a kid, about the age of a college student is standing there waiting to take care of me.  He's friendly, if not overly friendly, but I smile and joke around with him.  And then he did it!  He uttered THE phrase.  

As he picked up the package and is handing it to me, he says, "Soooo, do you need any help getting this out to your car?"

My head snapped up, and in the same motion, I laughed.  Out loud.  Laughter burst forth from my body like oil from a freshly tapped well. I couldn't help myself.  I just spent a $1.88 on biodegradable bags that, by their very nature, are light, and he asked me if I needed help taking them to my car. 

I fear I greatly dented his flirting mojo.  

Perhaps I need to spend some time memorizing the finer nuances of said technique by watching and re-watching this article?

Comments

Popular Posts