Weekly Accountability #2


Beginning weight (January 30, 2012): 229.2
Goal weight: 175
Goal Body fat: 22%
Current weight: 219.0
Current body fat: (unknown ... waiting for the caliper I ordered to arrive :) ... it's finally in Chicago ... won't be long now :) ... )
Loss to date: 10.2
Pounds to reach goal: 44.0

Weekly Photo Update (post shower and no make-up ... yay! NOT!)


I HATE that wall paper ... heavy sigh.

As much as I hate putting up the newest numbers, I am attempting transparency, and well, this is transparency!  Ugh!  

I've started back to walking consistently (I've logged 14.5 miles so far this week), and I have to wonder if the increase in weight is actually muscle gain.  This happened to me last summer when I started walking.  An increase in weight ... a HUGE increase ... and then, weight loss.  I can't tell if my stomach pooch is looking a little less in the photo above than last week.  If so, that would explain the comments of "I can just tell the weight is melting away on you) despite a 10 pound gain over the course of the last three months -- thanks, stupid foot pain!  

Someone said at the last Weight Watchers meeting, that this was "for the rest of my life," and she is sooooo right.  This isn't a sprint; it's a marathon.  I am doing this for no one else but myself, and so it's the little steps that are making the biggest differences.  

Last weekend was a HORRENDOUS food weekend.  Funny thing is, my sister and I went to the Parkette in Lexington (a drive-in place, for those not familiar, that specializes in heart attacks in grease-stained paper containers).  We split everything -- not that it matters -- and while it tasted so great going down, we both commented on how bad it felt almost immediately as it sat like bricks in our stomachs.  A sign that eating  healthy is such a good thing for your body!!  Our bodies really can't function properly on the processed stuff we feed it.  

I spent a lot of time this week tweaking my meals so they are much more mini through out the day -- rather than the feasts I think I was feeding myself. :)  Again, it's a marathon not a sprint.

The upside to this week, and something I sort of glossed over, is that I am walking again!!  I think I am on the upside of this latest plantar fasciitis flare up ... Praise God!!  What has made the difference?  Well, I started putting a bit of diet tonic water into my drinking water (which I've raised the consumption of water this week as well), and tonic water contains quinine.  I discovered, quite by accident, that quinine has been used in the past for treatment of arthritis and lupus, both inflammatory diseases.  Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the fascia in our foot muscles .... sooooooo, using scientific reasoning and deduction, I believe the quinine is helping.  Bring on the diet Tonic Water!!!!

I am off to make a healthy lunch and plan for how to conquer this coming week.

I am absolutely blow away by the comments and support I received last week as I "unveiled" this part of my blog.  I received 97 hits on just this topic.  WOW!  Keep it coming.  The whole purpose of doing this was to be honest about my journey and, hopefully, encourage others as well.

Cheers to a fantastic weekend and a brand new week!

Comments

Popular Posts