Coming Up on Seven Years

You know that old adage, "Time flies when you're having fun?"  Well, I must be having a blast, because time sure has flown by!

I'm acknowledging my "seven year anniversary" of moving to Kentucky now, because, in a few short weeks, when the anniversary actually hits, I will be in the throes of GET IT ALL TOGETHER QUICKLY BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS craziness that is those last few days before August 1st. 

It's been an adventure, that's for sure, and honestly, I can't believe it's been seven years.  Really.  I can't.  I can still remember coming down here for the first time and falling love with the raw beauty of this place the moment I laid eyes on it.  I'd never seen limestone cliffs jutting out of perfectly grassy hills before I came south.

And I know, I know, y'all here in Kentucky don't consider yourselves true southerners ... or so some of you say, but seriously.  When you're from the North, and you've crossed the Mason-Dixon Line, you're southern.  No if's, and's, or but's about it.

I have so thoroughly enjoyed immersing myself in your southern culture, and while stuff like this ...








 
... annoy me to no end (this would NEVER be allowed in the North ... NEVER ... all sorts of traffic violations right there), there are scenes like this ...
 
 
 and this ...
 
 

 
... and suddenly, my soul is soothed. 
 
It's been an amazing seven years, and I am looking forward to another seven (plus seven, plus seven, plus .... ) more!
 
In honor of my upcoming anniversary, I will "wow" you with some of my Kentucky photos over the last seven years.   So sit back, relax, begin scrolling, and enjoy!
 

Here's to my OLE KENTUCKY HOME!
 
 









 






 



Comments

Popular Posts