Things That Are Making Me Wonder ...

I drove the "long way" to a destination today.

Long way ... scenic route ... way to avoid construction traffic ... whatever way you'd like to refer to it as, I did it.  And it got me thinking ... about stuff ... random stuff.

And because it would be a shame not to share all this random stuff with you, I am doing just that.  Sharing.

See how lucky you are?

Random Item #1 ...
Driving along the aforementioned route, one comes in visual contact with a meandering creek that pretty much meanders the entire drive from point A to point B.  While driving by it today, I noticed a dad and two boys walking down the middle of the creek.  Now, I've often wondered how deep the creek was in this particular spot, and I as watched them slosh through the middle of the creek, mid-calf, it struck me that, finally, I had the answer to that question.  Upon closer inspection, it appeared as though the dad was carrying fish. Real. Live. Fish. Now, no one was carrying a fishing rod.  So, one can only assume they caught them with their hands?  Talk about great hand-eye coordination!

Random Item #2 ...
My shoulder hurts.  I've either been sleeping on it wrong.  OR
I have been sleep walking and then pitching a full baseball game ... all while sleeping.  Those are my two conclusions.

Random Item #3 ...
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to witness it, does it make a noise?

Just kidding ... kind of ...

Random Item #4 ...
I am constantly amazed how people fall into GIGANTIC vats of crap and come out ALL the time, smelling like a rose.  I mean, how do people manage to shirk their job responsibilities and financial responsibilities and still manage a life full of stuff and praise?  I am paying for student loans, and they are KILLING me, and there are people who are dodging paying them ... for years ... and years ... and they have brand new vehicles ... and electronic gadgets ... and new clothes ... and go on all sorts of vacations ... and ... well, how does this happen???

How can some work their tails off and do a good job, and then sit back and watch those that do very little get the praise heaped upon them?  They do all the surface work ... all the things that make them LOOK good, while others, who have been doing the same thing for years, but not calling attention to themselves, have been passed over.  It's makes the mind reel ...

Random #5 ...
How many licks DOES IT take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

Comments

Popular Posts