OCTOBER = FALL BREAK!

Ahem.

AHEM!

Excuse me!!

How did it get to be almost October already?

Anyone?

An answer to that question, please.

I really need to stop blinking.

Today marks my first day of Fall Break.  I'm going to be honest here. In times past, I have yearned for Fall Break ... wished its arrival to be speedy and its stay lengthy.  When it rolled around this year, I was all, "Whoa! What happened? It's time for you already!?"

Because I wasn't expecting it ... because I was soooooo wrapped up in doing this teaching gig, I didn't anticipate it as I probably should have.  So, it's deciding to get me back.  How's it doing that, you say?

It's making my refrigerator die.  Like D.I.E.  Five year old refrigerator. FIVE YEARS OLD.  I know this because, five years ago today, I was likely packing up my apartment like a crazy woman in anticipation of signing my life away on my first house!

I've been in this house for five years.  I've been making mortgage payments like a big girl for five years.  Where has the time gone?

Again with the blinking.

I have some adventures planned for Fall Break. Some that have been in the works for a while.  Others, I am planning as I go along. But this whole refrigerator deal?  Not planned.  Not needed.  Not necessary.

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday.  Thankfully, it was with a good friend.  So, the tears weren't misunderstood.

I am much better this morning.  It's part of the deal, my mother tells me.  These things always happen at the most inconvenient times, she tells me.  She should know.  She and my dad have been paying mortgage payments for .... .{silent while attempts to do math} .... {gives up when sees the bottom of coffee mug} ... well, a really, really long time.  Suffice it to say, they have some experience with the breakages during inconvenient times.

When is it ever convenient, though, really?  I'm going out on a limb and saying never.

Never a good time for this stuff, but you know what?  This is life.  Gotta get through as gracefully as possible.

Going to admit it, yesterday? Wasn't so graceful.  Perhaps today will be better.


Comments

Popular Posts