Friday, January 3, 2020


2019 ended with its butt in my face.

I got sick -- contracted The Kid Germs. After all these months of being in the thick of alllll the germs, two days before Christmas Break, I got sick.

It was my goal to sit and watch Christmas movies wrapped up in a blanket until Christmas Eve. I was looking so forward to Christmas -- the Christmas Eve service at my church, time spent with family, giving the gifts I'd spent time and thought on ...

Then my Dad had a spell and was sent, by his doctor, to the emergency room two days before Christmas. It wasn't serious ... an A Flutter/A Fib situation, but it landed him in the hospital over night. It was stressful and scary and not at all how I envisioned Christmas playing out.

But Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were much sweeter with my loved ones all around me, healthy and well. Despite the fact that I couldn't talk due to losing my voice at that point, having my Dad home and my sister and my mom with me made this Christmas so very special.

Sometimes, when life sticks its butt in your face, it's an opportunity to be grateful for the times where the sun is shining brightly in your eyes.

2020 is shining brightly, and I hope to hang on to the hopefulness ... even when 2020's butt gets in my face.

Comments

Popular Posts