Saturday, January 4, 2020


I said goodbye to Christmas.

I packed it all up today.

It was drizzly and gray and, at some points, snowy, and it seemed like the perfect time to tear it all down.  I fought the tree back into the box (how come it NEVER fits back into the box you pull it out of???). I put away all the decorations, and I marveled at how it all must have multiplied over the last month.

The house now seems naked after rooms stuffed with the coziness and warmth of Christmas.

I know tomorrow I will wake up, come downstairs, look around my house, and be happy about the neat and tidy feel of the place.  Heck! My counter top is cleaned off for the first time in who knows how long! 

But for now, I am mourning the passing of another Christmas and trying to get excited about what 2020 has in store for me.


Comments

Popular Posts