IT'S TOUGH BEING GREEN

So, I spent $83.20 at the grocery store yesterday, and I ONLY came home with four, small bags ... count them F.O.U.R. But that is a gripe for another blog ...

One of the items that I chose to buy was a package of energy efficient light bulbs. As my old light bulbs die out, I plan to replace every single one of them with these more energy efficient bulbs ... it's my continued effort at being green.

So, you can imagine my absolute disgust and disdain that, when I tried to recycle the actual packaging the bulbs came in, I COULD NOT!

And why, you might be asking yourself?

Because GE has, in their infinite wisdom, created packaging that has ABSOLUTELY NO recycling symbols on the paper or the plastic the bulbs come in. How can a company, committed to being green, not package these bulbs in recyclable materials? This makes no sense to me!

So, I ended up not being as green as I intended.

What's up with that?

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Tell me about it...organic milk is $5+ a gallon...and we use 3 gallons a week!!!!!!!! So, I can either kill my kids with pesticides and afford to buy clothes for them, or let them live healthy, but naked....
Megan said…
... naked is organic, right? :)

Popular Posts