CATCHING MY BREATH AND BEING THANKFUL FOR FRIENDS

It's been a crazy past four weeks, and I've gotta say ... they have been four of the most educating weeks, I think I've had in a very long while.

I made a promise to myself that THIS YEAR, I was going to ...
  • step out of my box and do things with wild abandon. Safely, but with wild abandon.
  • act first and think later (I stay waaaaay too much time in my own head).
  • embrace the moment.
  • have fun.
  • stop making excuses for myself.
  • stop repeating the lies I'd told myself ABOUT myself.

I had NO idea that I would be put to the test so very early.

Week one ... I met some one. I met a lot of someones, and they were all nice and polite, but there was this one I had my eye on. Apparently, he'd had his eye on me. Cool!

Week two ... attempting to get to know this man ... look for red flags ... just enjoy being interesting to someone else.

Week three/four ... I found out this guy was sooooo not right for me. But here's the cool thing ... I had some amazing friends that had my back. They knew me ... knew me very, very well, knew what I would go for and wouldn't go for, and they stood in the gap for me when things got all pear-shaped.

So, here comes the education part ... I am okay. In fact, I'm more than okay. I'm ROCKIN'! I have this amazing worth that is so evident, others are willing to stick their necks out for me ... that's how worth it I am.

I'm so worth it, that there are others waiting in the wings to investigate the worth. Rock on!

Also, stepping out of your box is okay. In fact, it's down-right fun. It makes you take risks and reevaluate why you're doing what you're doing in the first place.

What an amazing first four weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts