HOUSES ON THE NO LIST -- House #2


So, as I've mentioned, I've been house-hunting.

Not nearly as fun as it looks on HGTV's HOUSE HUNTERS. Perhaps it's because, those people are spending waaaaay over their budgets in order to whine about the fact that they were really hoping for marble countertops and stainless steel appliances. Really? Cuz the world might stop spinning if you had to suffer through c.1987 countertops with Harvest Gold appliances. Okay, the world *might* stop spinning with the Harvest Gold stuff, but I digress.
This post begins the pictorial of all the houses on my NO LIST ... with some possible commentary on why.

House #2
I'm starting at house #2, because house #1 was soooo not right for me AT. ALL. It was gross ... smelled like Clorox (seems to me they were hiding something) ... and was across the street from a very scurvy housing area.

At any rate, this house was cute, but I think the cosmetic improvements hid a multitude of sins. And the basement scared me. And that garage (seen above) was a liability waiting to happen! Yes, those are sheets and sheets of cardboard lining the inside of the garage walls, folks!

Also, this bathroom was AMAZING, but this gorgeous sink feature? Rocked like it was a rocking chair. Not good AT ALL. And this adorable living room below? A nasty drop ceiling ... more than likely covering up nasty plaster ceilings beyond repair.

This basement was SCARY.




Comments

Micah said…
I might have spent the last 20 minutes looking on Trulia for a house for you (Trulia is like crack to me). Pickings are slimmer than I expected :( But these were my favorites:

http://www.trulia.com/property/3023727082-220-Brookfield-Dr-Frankfort-KY-40601

http://www.trulia.com/property/3002832320-130-Locust-Ave-Frankfort-KY-40601

I'm guessing you've already looked at them, right? Or they're in terrible locations, and I just didn't notice.
Megan said…
Micah ... I did go to the Brookfield house. It was cute, but really chopped up and small ... like super small rooms... and their family room/dining room combo used to be a garage, and it just seemed ... I don't know ... weird. I may have been too picky at that point in the search. It was late in the afternoon that day. Not sure. :)

I'm not sure about the Locust house. I'd have to drive by it, but I'm guessing it's in a questionable part of town.

Isn't Trulia fun? I just happened upon it not too long ago ... so cool. :)

Keep a look out for me ... and please pray! :)

Popular Posts