THE WORST KIND OF SHOPPING

Well, I'm house-hunting.


Initially, I was excited about it. But, honestly, I'm getting frustrated -- and I've only seen 13 houses so far. This doesn't bode well for my foray into real estate ownership.


Part of my problem is that I don't have expendable income. Pretty much, my income is all spoken for. So, house-hunting is a bit of a challenge.


I fell in like with a house that was so cute ... very open floor plan, which I really, really like. It was affordable, and it was in a wonderful neighborhood. No apparent police-worthy reasons to visit that I could tell (please see past posts on all the fun my neighbors and I have had with the numerous police visits that occur in my neighborhood -- not to mention all the interesting characters that live there).


I went back to see it today with my realtor and two friends, Frank and Viv, who were acting as my surrogate parents. Good thing too. Frank found a potentially BIG, HUGE money drain ... it's called STANDING WATER IN THE CRAWL SPACE. [Insert many, many red flags here.]



Yucky-poo.


Sure, I could put an offer in, buy it, and then spend a few hundred to purchase a sump pump. However, it sorta feels like it could be more than just a sump pump ... like, meet Plumber Joe and his friend Hole-digger Jim and his friend New Drain Field Mike and his friend Brand New Foundation Steve and before you know it, I'm living in the homeless shelter cuz I can't afford my home ... unless one of those guys is single, cute and available ... seeing as I have a proclivity for the blue collar type that are sorta single but not really available these days.


That's an inside joke ... don't worry if you don't get it.


At any rate, I just feel like it's not a risk I am willing to take on ...


So, the shopping continues.


I think buying shoes is so much easier.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Meg :( I'm sorry, there is a house and frog just for you, I know it.

Popular Posts