Crow's Feet

In my mind, I am still 25 years old.

Really!

None of the years have passed ... I'm still 25 years old ... living in my first dive apartment .... dating a guy that has absolutely no clue who I am or what I really want in life, but who is fun ... surrounded by a group of friends that have a similar carefree lifestyle.

It's not that 1997 was all that amazing ... I mean Hansen's MMMBop was a popular song. A song that was titled MMMBop, folks! What the heck is an MMMBop anyway?!?

The summer I was 25 ... Summer of 1997 ...




  • Timothy McVeigh was found guilty for the Oklahoma City bombings and was sentenced to death.


  • The Red Wings won the Stanley Cup title that year (GO WINGS!!)


  • Mike Tyson got in big trouble for biting Holyfield's ear off ... eeew!


  • Hong Kong was returned to China.


  • Tony Blair was the youngest serving Prime Minister in the UK at the time.


I didn't remember all this stuff (my thanks to historyorb.com and history.com). No, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. So, while I still FEEL 25, my body is telling me otherwise ...





  • There are the tiniest lines beginning to form around the corners of my eyes.


  • I have the same deep line forming between my eyes that my mom has.


  • I have more gray hairs shimmering in the sunlight these days.


  • And when I do the math, I've actually been out of college 17 years and out of high school a gasp-inducing 21 years!


I don't remember much about the Summer of 1997 ... except that I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with myself for the rest of my life. Not in a MILLION years would I have guessed I would land in Kentucky, living the best life ever!



25 or 39 .... I've decided that age is merely a number ... a number that means nothing except when it comes to senior citizens discounts and stuff.



So bring on the crow's feet. I will kick the crow's feet butts!





Comments

Popular Posts