An Ode to Summer Break
Summer Break! How I love thee? Let me count the ways!
- Copious amounts of coffee on the deck in my jammies looooong into the morning.
- Late nights, late mornings.
- I can finally relax ... there's no real stress.
- I can get to all the little projects that have been on hold for more than six months.
- My house is cleaner.
- I cook more -- and I plan to just that, and step outside of my cooking rut, too!
- My dishes are usually done a lot more frequently.
- I get to hang out with my cat, who doesn't really understand why I'm home all day and messing with her routine.
- My laundry is done more efficiently.
- My bed is made every day.
- I can read more, and I intend to do so with gusto!
- I can write more, and I intend to do so with gusto!
- I can dream more, and I intend to do so with gusto!
- I can explore more, and I intend to do so with gusto!
- I can recailbrate and celebrate and reevaluate.
Ahhhh, Summer. How I do love thee!