MEETING ME WHERE I AM AT

Last night was not a good night for me.

I had a ton of stuff to get done.  It didn't get done.

I am dealing with a possible car problem ... again. (Can these engineers not invent a car sans issues!?!?! We can invent robots that can fly our Amazon packages to our doorstep, for heaven's sake!).

I am struggling physically.

I am struggling with relationships.

I am  just struggling.

I hit my breaking point last night as I was getting into bed.

Psalms 130: 1-2 "Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!"

Yeah, I was all kinds of that passage in Psalms last night. ALLLLLL KINDS.

And then a sweet friend texted me. I doubt she had any idea what she was getting into when she did so. I am nothing if not brutally honest, and I let her know just exactly what she was texting in the middle of ... my emotional breakdown.  I haven't had one of those in a long while ...

To her credit, she stuck with me and provided me with some sweet words that calmed my spirit enough that I was able to sleep.

God meets me where I need Him. I don't always understand how He does it or the timing in which He does it. But He does it.

Today is a new day with new and amazing adventures to have (or just the same old, same old ... I suppose it's all how you look at it).

I know that whatever happens, He has me securely in this grip. I really have nothing to worry about.


Comments

Popular Posts