THE LOANER CAR -- YOU MIGHT HAVE HIT OLD FART STATUS IF ...

So, my Escape is "in the shop."  All I've got to say is that what ever the issue is, I hope it is finally resolved.

But that's a blog post for another time.

I got this loaner car, which is a good thing because I can't get to school without wheels.  Ya know....they are sort of necessary.

After the guy made me sign a piece of paper that made sure I knew if I wrapped the car around a tree, it would be on my insurance, he gave me the daggone keyless start.

Now, I've had a loaner with keyless start.  I looked like a real rube trying to figure that out for the first 5 minutes of getting in the car. But I figured it out.

So, I was prepared for that ... seeing as this is a brand new Fusion.

What I wasn't prepared for?  The knob with the P, R, N, and D on it.  What in the world do they want me to do with a knob!?

It's a knob, so one would assume that I would turn it to the appropriate letter, right?  Nope. I was utterly befuddled as I pushed the letters and the center of the knob.

That was five minutes of my life I will never get back!

The dash is all digital as well.  Like, completely computerized!

I was telling my dad about it, and his response was simple, "If I ever had to buy a new car and they offer me one of those deals, I'd tell them to go back and get me something else!"

"Like a crank start car, Dad? What was that? Like a Model T?"

Y'all.  I might be skating into OLD FART status.


Comments

Popular Posts