PROM NIGHT IN FRANKFORT

It's prom night in Frankfort.

At a staff meeting the other day, the high school moms in the group were discussing prom, and it was mentioned that everyone goes to the Capitol for pictures.

Now, I'm thinking to myself, "yeah, right! Not EVERYONE goes to the Capitol for pictures, and honestly, what's the point?"

Well, tonight, after sleeping three hours (this is how run-down I've been), I went out for one last errand, and, upon completion of said errand, I decided to drive around the Capitol, seeing as it was such a beautiful night.

Ummm ... HELLO!! There needed to be crowd control. EVERY BODY, indeed, goes to the Capitol to get their prom pictures taken, because EVERY BODY was there! I almost ran over a set of parents, because they walked out in front of me, after taking a GAZILLION photos of their little darling in front of the Floral Clock!

I saw no less than three limos in various forms of stretch, and every color in the rainbow was represented in the form of ball gowns. Apparently, girls in the south carry nose gays rather than wear corsages. Who knew?

All I've got to say is, Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore ...

Comments

Popular Posts