OPERATION GET OFF MY BUTT AND GET OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE

Recently, I've realized that I'm becoming a hermit, and we just can't have that. So. It was decided that some evasive maneuvers were necessary in order to ensure that I get off my butt and out the door.

Phase I of OPERATION GET OFF MY BUTT AND GET OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE was to establish myself as a gardener in a community garden. Frankfort has a bunch of them all over the place, and I've wanted to be a part of one since their inception. I just kept saying that no one I knew would be there ... none of my friends were interested in one.

You can see where this line of thinking was getting me, can't you?

So, this winter, I decided to take the plunge. Today was a work day at the garden, and I spent three and a half hours help smooth out the dirt, spread mulch paths, and introducing myself to anyone that would stop for five second for me to talk to them.

[insert fist pumping here] I did it!!! Gold stars for me!


Comments

Popular Posts