TESTING ... ONE ... TWO ... THREE ... TESTING

Testing is a huge part of my job. In fact, if I'm not careful ... if I blink too many times, it may be all my job becomes.

I am now in the FULL MONTY of testing season ... which is a gross analogy, I know, but, honestly, I am a little grossed out by the THREE AND A HALF WEEK testing window with TWO DIFFERENT STANDARDIZED tests I am now forced to give.

Oh ... who am I kidding! I am A LOT grossed out by it all.

And I am stressed, and I know I shouldn't be. I know I should be all chill and relaxed and let whatever happens, happen. But I'm not. I'm a bundle of nerves ready to just explode like the inner workings or an old school time piece that's been wound just a bit too tight. And I'm powerless to stop it all.

Today, I yanked out the test prep book that is provided to us with our math curriculum and thought we'd spend "just a few minutes" on the stuff. You know ... talking about testing strategies ... AGAIN. And after I was met with blank stares and was overtaken by a massive desire to throw myself off of something tall and dangerous, I decided, "what am I doing here? Really? What is my purpose here? What does President Obama and Congress and legions of citizens of the United States really want me to do here?"

I thought it was to teach them to think critically ... to problem solve ... to respond intelligently to the issues in their worlds ... to figure out the WHOLE WORLD PEACE ISSUE, for heavens sake. Right!? RIGHT!?!?

I mean, if I could have solved world peace using multiple choice, it would have been done YEARS AGO!!
World Hunger? Done!
Economic crises? Done!

I mean, no one told me I got to Multiple Choice everything! Good grief! I've been wasting a lot of time ... and hot air ... not to mention the oxygen depletion that is happening up on Capitol Hill!

Why do I never get these memos???????

Comments

Popular Posts