12-12-12

Well, we're still here.  So, I guess those that thought the world would end are feeling a slight bit of embarrassment this morning, no? 

I have to admit.  I wasn't necessarily looking for the world to end, but I would have been completely okay with say, a delay in normal operating procedures.  Yes, I realize, that I am looking at the short end of the 2nd quarter, which means I am also within reach of a nice little break.  Once again, I am more than ready for it.  I am super tired and not very tolerant of the silliness that seems to swirl around me.  If only the world revolved around my way of thinking ...

Instead, 12-12-12 dawned bright and beautiful, and I was greated with a lovely migraine.  AWESOME! 

Instead, I received an email from "Koffi Anan" (spelling was intentional, as that's how it was spelled in the address line).  It was urgent, and he wanted me to read it immediately.  But here's the thing, Koffi -- can I call you Koffi?  Since we're on a first name basis and sending emails to each other and everything ...

The thing is, Koffi, that I don't have time to deal with foreign issues this week.  I've got Common Assessments to get ready for ... and report cards to get together ... and Christmas presents to craft ... and Christmas letters to get around ... and Christmas gifts to buy ... and laundry to finish ... and baking to do ... and a house to clean ... and while I would love to help with world peace, it's just not in the books this week.  Nope. Not happening.  Not this week.  Probably not next week either.  Just saying ...

Comments

Dee said…
I hate to break it to you, but according to the Mayan prediction, the date for the end of the world is actually December 21st. In a little over a week, I think half the world's population will be very relieved.
beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com

Popular Posts