On the Eve of a New Year!

Well, here we are again, facing a new year.  This means that I need to file through oodles of blog posts to find the one where I posted 2012's New Years Resolution. 

I have to admit.  I surprised myself.  I really thought that I'd written some long, lofty goals (clearly, I've not revisited them very much -- or at all -- over the past year), but happily, I did not.

My 2012 Resolutions in review:
  1. Get this place (i.e., house) organized
  2. Have a plan for more exercise
  3. Eat more veggies
  4. Entertain more
  5. Get out of the house more
Now, here is how I did:
  1. Get this place (i.e., house) organized  -- there is always room for improvement in this area.  My "room" for improvement is my office.  As I organized, what didn't have a place found its way into my office.  Therefore, one of my 2013 resolutions should be to organize my office.
  2. Have a plan for more exercise -- Boy did I!  On June 21st, I started walking with my friend, Vivian.  We started out walking just a couple of miles, and it soon bloomed into 3 miles every single day.  Over the Christmas holidays, I've had a really hard time keeping that habit up, but after the New Year, I am back to it!  I have to.  My body feels so much better, and I've been so much healthier because of it.
  3. Eat more veggies -- I've done okay with this.  Fits and spells, fits and spells.  I do believe there is more to add to my plate in the veggie department.
  4. Entertain more -- I've failed miserably at this one.  So, I might roll this one over to 2013.
  5. Get out of the house more -- in some ways, I did an okay job of this.  In other ways, not so much.  I think I need to maybe roll this one over as well.
So, here we are, on the Eve of a New Year, and I've been thinking about what I'd like to tackle this year. 

  1. I want to FINALLY organize/redo my office. I'd like to make it a space that I can create in ... both writing as well as my home decor "stuff."
  2. I want to commit to increasing my exercise regime.  Perhaps add another mile as well as doing some strength training.
  3. I want to be more creative, and I want to carve out more time to do so. I also want to make some extra money doing so.
  4. I want to be more fiscally responsible.
  5. I want to be more social ... more dinner parties ... more get togethers with friends ... more times to socialize and enjoy the company of others.
  6. I want to find free ways to be more creative in my yard ... free landscaping ... free landscaping design ...
There it is.  My 2013 in six little resolutions. Life is what happens when you're busy making plans.  I know this new year has a lot of great things in store for me.  I can't wait to see how it all unfolds! 

Join me as I blog about all the craziness that will be sure to ensue!
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts