Besties

I got up and made myself an amazing breakfast this morning before I headed out to run errands, which is not the point of my story, but when one needs to toot one's horn, one finds very creative ways of doing so.  I mean, look at how amazing this breakfast was!




Oh, how I digress!  Where was I?

Yes!  The truck.  A cranked up radio.

It was while I was out in my truck, radio cranked up, singing tunes and running errands that I started thinking about the girls in my life that I consider my closest confidants ... those chicks that I would totally do a road trip with ... who would sing at the top of their lungs with me to that cranked up radio ... bumping along back country roads looking for an adventure.  I was just thinking about these girls today.  These girls call me on my crap.  These girls are my biggest cheerleaders.  They give me the greatest advice -- and maybe some slightly off kilter advice as well -- after all, they are my friends!  They laugh with me, cry with me, shout with me, get angry with me, feel passionate about the issues with me ... they are my true friends.

People use the term blessed with such a flippant air, it also seems to have cheapened the meaning of the word.  But I can think of no other way to describe how I feel when I think about the women in my life that choose to do life with me.  They are creative, passionate, diligent, hardworking, mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, aunts.  They are strong-willed, exceedingly forgiving, beautiful, committed, constant, tireless, and I am beyond blessed to call them friends.

Raising a glass to the Besties in my life today!  Cheers, girls!  You inspire me in ways I couldn't possibly explain.  To our sisterhood!










Comments

Popular Posts