January 4, 2013 ... Miscellaneous

Well, I'm going to admit it, I've been a slug for the first four days of 2013.  That's allowed, right?

I sure hope so.

Today, however, true to form, I am feeling the pinch to get some things done before I go back to work, and so I have mentally penned a TO DO list that is, again true to form, longer than my arm!

I am not sure why I do this to myself, but I do.  Perhaps that should be a sub-resolution.

I have been thinking about how to create a more organized space for being creative, and I think I might have come across something for my office/craft room that will work. Now, to find the money to make it happen!  Oh, and to clean my office. I have some stuff to THROW AWAY!  Oh buddy, do I have stuff to throw out!

Every year I say that I am going to slow down and enjoy the holidays, and every year I walk away with a bad case of Post-Holiday Blues. I think I've landed on the reason for said Post-Holiday Blues.  I think it's because I set up a Norman Rockwell painting ideal in my mind of what I should do and what my house should look like; it never ends up that way.

For instance, Christmas started long about Halloween, and by the time Christmas time actually rolled around, I was sorta numb with it all.  Then, I came home every night completely and totally exhausted.  So, sitting in the lovely glow of the Christmas tree translated into me falling asleep watching mind-numbing Hallmark Christmas movies at 7 p.m.  The only change to that scenario was when I had the presence of mind to turn the tree off at 8 p.m. and headed to bed by then.

I am a super-exciting one, aren't I?

So, I think I want to try to find a way to enjoy my evenings while feeling productive and not feeling so exhausted.  That's pretty much a miracle find, right!?  I am going to find a solution.  I promise.

It's a stress we women always feel, that of feeling like we're never putting our full amount of ourselves into life. I think we are, we just don't recognize it.  So, I want to make sure that I am recognizing the blessings in my life in a very intentional way.

I want to live like Kris Kringle stated in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET: "Oh, Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind... and that's what's been changing."

That is what I have been thinking about the last few days...while I've been dealing with my annual post-holiday blues, I've been excited about what 2013 holds.  It's going to be a great year!!!

Comments

Popular Posts