The Reorganization/Redo of the Office Space

Editor's note ... I will post photos when the final organization has been done on the room.  It is still a very large work in progress. 

I made it official on my blog on January 1st ... or was it December 31st?

It seems like so long ago already.

That's really sad, isn't it?

Ugh!  I take one weekend to veg, and life just passes me by!

But back to what I was just saying.  I made it official sometime around New Years Eve that I wanted to make my office a usable space ... a space where I could create and craft and be creative.  I wasn't sure how that was going to happen, but I knew I wanted to "GIT R DONE!" as they say.

In a conversation with my dad, while my parents were down here in Kentucky over Christmas, I explained what I was really looking for in my Creative Space.

For those of you who don't believe men listen, well, let's just say that my Mom has trained my Dad well!! He does, in fact, listen ... and then he cogitates and ruminates and comes up with pregnant ideas (a little family joke slipped in there for good measure) ... and the other day, at work, I received an email from my Papa.  He'd been looking through a sales flyer and found what he thought I might be looking for in the way of a writing/office work space.  Would I like it for my birthday?

At first I bristled at it. I mean, that's not really an exciting birthday gift, but here's the thing.  I am going to be 41 next month (no comments from the peanut gallery, dear sister!), and what is an exciting birthday, really?

However, the more I thought about it, the more I knew it was what I would like for my birthday.  It would be the impetus for me getting my writing back on track.  I currently have no place to escape with my characters, and despite what I've tricked myself into believing, in front of the TV is NOT the place to birth them.  Their voices are muffled by the din of the television.

Today, I spent a few hours assembling my brand new work space.  It will take another afternoon to get the room put back together (and to throw away the mountains of crap that I have shoved into this room for the last two plus years.

But I have a space!  And my characters are dying to come out and play!


Comments

Popular Posts