New Dish #1 -- Chicken Pie with Sweet Potato Crust

This is the book from which I got the recipe.  It WON'T flip for me, so you get a side-ways shot. Sorry!


This is the chicken, carrots, and onions arranged in the bottom of the casserole dish.


This is a mixture of chicken broth, evaporated milk, and flour, simmered to a degree of thickness and then poured over the chicken and veggies.


This is the "crust" -- mashed sweet potatoes (fresh!!  I boiled them first and let them cool), flour, egg, and butter. 
The finished product -- all golden brown and bubbly!
All of it put together and ready to bake ... 350 degrees for about 45 to 55 minutes.

 
 I declare this New Dish #1 GOOD!  Very good, in fact.  It is savory and hearty and, honestly, pretty doggone easy to put together.  I would definitely recommend this dish.

It had been my intention to serve it with a tossed salad and some corn.  However, I got the corn and pie on the plate, sat down, dug in, and realized only AFTER I was done that I'd completely forgotten to make the tossed salad.  OOPS!

Comments

Popular Posts