I'VE HAD MY SHOWER; NOW WHAT?

Yesterday was a very bizarre start to the new school semester.  It was my Monday ... I kept referring to it as Monday.  But it was Tuesday.  It was a Tuesday, because we had a snow day on Monday.  For ice.  We never got any ice.

Yesterday, I walked into my room at 6:20 a.m., and I was immediately met with a blast of cold air.  Naturally, I thought, "Well, the boiler just fired up.  It will warm up soon."

Only it didn't.  Not until close to 11:30 a.m. Give or take.

And I had only a thin pair of trouser socks on my feet.

And the WHOLE. ENTIRE. DAY. my feet were cold.  Ice cold.  Achingly cold (Okay, I had other clothes as well, but my feet were super cold.).

I'm miserable when I am cold.

I am not the most positive person when I am cold.

Come to think of it, I am miserable in the heat.

I am not a positive person when I am hot.

I have a lot to learn about being joyful in the trials.

So, this morning, I popped out of bed, ready to get at it, at 4:32 a.m.

Yeah, not sure what is up with the early wake up calls, once again, but here I am.  Up at 4:30 a.m.  Is the universe trying to tell me something?

Is God trying to tell me something?

Some one or something is trying to tell me something.  Thing is.  I haven't had my coffee at that point, and I am usually a bit fuzzy on the details.  So, they might want to tell me by carrier pigeon ... or smoke signal ... or something.

I hopped into the shower, and as I popped out, I could hear my text message alert go off.  The thought occurred to me that someone must be sick because no one I know is up at 5 a.m.

Correction. My friend Liz is up.  She's the only other person I know in town that is up at the same time I am. (insert smiley here).  And she was kind enough to inform me that school had been closed.

WHAT!?  CLOSED!? WHY!?

I shamefully admit that I didn't believe her.

There was no snow.

There was no ice.

The heat was working *finally* by the end of the day.  What could possibly force the closing of school?

Turns out, burst pipes can force the shut down of a school.

Turns out, burst pipes forced the shutdown of four or five schools in our area.  You-know-what happens, and in this case, might have burst forth from the aforementioned burst pipes.

So, I am showered.  Now what?

Well, I've polished off my allotted REALLY A LOT ounces of coffee.  I've boiled six eggs for egg salad sandwiches.  I've killed countless brain cells on the drivel The Today Show has offered up, and I've taken really stupid photos and posted them to Instagram.

Productive morning, no?

It's not sexy, and it's certainly not fun, but I do have an honest-to-goodness TO DO LIST that I am toying with the idea of tackling.

We'll see ....

There is that belly button lint crisis I've been worrying about ....


Comments

Popular Posts