WHAT 42 LOOKS LIKE -- BODY IMAGE

I have committed to two things for this week and beyond, and I am just praying that these two things won't be bigger bites than I should have bitten off, if you know what I mean.

THING #1:  I plan to get on the elliptical for 15 minutes every single day.  I know, I know, it doesn't seem like a lot to you all that work out like crazy, but a sic month hiatus does horrible things to a body that wasn't all that fit and trim to begin with. So, having learned from my many, many mistakes, I plan to start off small and do 15 minutes every single day.

Today was easy.  I have a snow day.  Have I mentioned how utterly OVER this winter I am?  However, the snow day allowed me to sleep in, which I've desperately needed.  It is also going to allow me to do things like taxes and bills and just generally clean up this house.

THING #2:  This is the more radical of the things I am committing to, and it's for more than a week ... but I think ... no I hope ... this will be beneficial and work in my favor.  Ready?  I only plan to weigh myself monthly.  I know, right!?  RADICAL!  When I was doing Weight Watchers, one of my biggest downfalls was that weekly weigh-in.  My body was changing constantly, for the better, but if that scale went up for any reason (even gaining muscle, which I did a lot of), I got extremely discouraged and sabotaged myself.  A number, for me, is both a good thing and a bad thing, but I've come to decide, mainly a bad thing.  I tend to focus more on the number and less on the fact that I feel better and on those times that my body is attempting to tell me what makes me feel good and what makes me feel bad.

So, I weighed myself on March 1st.  It was high, not gonna lie.  But I do not plan to weigh myself again until April 1st.  Hopefully, I will see a difference in the number.

I want 42 to look strong and confident with a crazy, fun personality!  I DO NOT want 42 to look like a number.

Comments

Popular Posts