SATURDAY MORNINGS

I am either on it or completely off of it.

There is no middle ground for me where Saturday mornings are concerned.

It seems, I spend a good deal of my early morning hours -- REALLY early morning hours -- just trying to relax and enjoy myself.

What does that look like?  Slurping coffee like I may never get it again, flipping TV stations looking for something even remotely interesting (What is up with cable channels and all the infomercials!?  This is what I pay $50 plus dollars a month for???), trying to find something remotely interesting to eat for breakfast.  This ends with me either asleep on the sofa with The Cat asleep near me.  Or, staring bleary-eyed at stupid Lifetime movies with The Cat asleep near me.

Variations of this might be a dishwasher churning or possibly even a washing machine.

Either way, most of the time, I can hear my mother in my ears saying, "Get up!  You are wasting a perfectly good day!"

I think it's because my job sucks the life right out of me.

Seriously.  I'm not trying to be melodramatic.  It's true.  I really like my job, but it sucks the life out of me.  By the time Friday rolls around, I am spent.  Gone.  Done.  Stick a fork in me.

So, when Saturday dawns bright and early (emphasis on EARLY ... like 4:30 or 5 a.m. early ... sheesh!), I am powerless to do anything about it.  Getting to the sofa and having the presence of mind to get coffee started before stumbling to the sofa, are about the extent of my abilities. It's sad, really.

Or maybe pitiful.

Either way ... Saturday mornings.  Whew!

This Saturday morning has promise, though.  It promises to be warm.  It promises to be sunny.  It promises that I might just get some much needed vitamin D!

So, I really do need to peel myself off the couch -- which I've done -- and I really do need to get active.  I need to find things that cause me to get up and get busy.

I have some errands to run.

I do have some cleaning to do.  There are things that are to be done.  I mean, I don't want to ruin a perfectly good day, right?

Plus, I need to be present.  I need to be present in my own life.

So, my darlings.  Enjoy it -- where ever you are in this little corner of the world.  It is a bright day.  It is a new day.  It is a day that you have stretched out in front of you.

Comments

Popular Posts