IT'S BEEN A WHILE, MY FRIEND

Hello friends!  I have been off the grid. Did you notice?

Okay, so not really "off the grid."  That implies some sort of green sustainability on my part.  If you knew me, you'd know how silly that thought is. 

Plus, and let's be honest here, I have a technology sickness.  I love technology ... probably a bit too much. I plan to rectify that over summer break.  I promise.  More on that to come.  I promise.

In the meantime, it's been a long time, hasn't it?

My laptop died.  Like not just a little dead either.  All the way dead!  "She gone!" dead.  It was ugly. 

However, after dipping into some reserves, I have solved the problem and am back up and running and eager to start pounding some stuff out.  I have a lot to say.

For instance, it's Memorial Day Weekend!  Oh, how I've needed this break! 

This year.  Y'all.  I am not even sure where to begin in attempting to describe this year.  Just.  This. Year. 

And speaking of years, we only have 9 days of school left.  NINE. GLORIOUS. DAYS. before we close the books on the 2014-2015 school year -- and my 13th year of teaching.  It doesn't even matter that I have to go back two more days after the kids.  Okay, well, it will matter on that first day, but y'all.  Have I mentioned?  THIS. YEAR.

I will be getting a new principal for the upcoming school year.  Another one.  Again.  THIS. Y.E.A.R.

I will also be getting a new superintendent.  At this point, do I even need to go further with this?  I think not.

I have been having some knee issues.  I've struggled, and, well, I've gained more weight.  DEPRESSING!  I am working to get on the other side of the issues, and perhaps, sometime ... when all the planets align ... and the Blue Moon arrives for it's rare appearance ... and I finally get it together, I might lose some weight.  May be.... I mean, a girl can dream, right?

Oh there is so much to say ... so much to rant and ruminate and cogitate and marinate and all those -ates upon.  All in due time.  For now, I am back.  I am so glad to be back!

Comments

Popular Posts