38 MORE TO GO ... THE QUEST FOR 50 BOOKS CONTINUES

ALL FALL DOWN
By Jennifer Weiner

This book is a well-written novel by a great author.  I've read her book GOOD IN BED (I've also read her novel IN HER SHOES) on the recommendation from a friend, and I loved it!  It was funny and witty, as I remember it.  I was sure this one would be too.  While it was definitely very smart reading, this topic, that of regular, every day women abusing opiates, was not the funny topic I had in mind.  Still, this was an amazingly written novel about a pretty scary, and yet, true to our world topic that was absolutely griping.

The ending, while not completely satisfying, again, held true to how the real world works, which, I appreciate.  Life isn't always wrapped up in a nice, neat bow.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking to sink their teeth into a modern novel about every day life ... and how some of us just don't quite manage in it. 

Comments

Popular Posts