THE BED HEAD CONTROVERSY

Okay, not so much a controversy ... but it got your attention, and now you're reading, which was my whole evil plan to begin with ... muuuuaaaaahhhaaaahhhhaaaa.

I have lots of hair ... okay, maybe not since yesterday and my Jean Seberg cut, but once, I had lots of hair. It's just that my hair is fine. It's so fine, that as a kid, my mother could comb it, and after a walk across the room, it'd be a snarled mess once again. It's so fine that, again, as a kid, my mother kept it short after I refused to keep it combed when I was little and it was long, and so it was left up to her to comb it, and well, she had to deal with me squealing at the top of my lungs because she attacked the snarls like she was going at them with rudimentary weed whacker. And somewhere, my last professor is twitching hysterically because I just tied four sentences together to make one, gigantic run-on sentence. She has radar for such things.

While I tend to keep pretty good care of my hair these days, I apparently still run marathons in my sleep because when I wake up, it looks like something tried to bury itself in my head. Even with this new hair cut, it looks like something attempted the burial, couldn't quite cover itself up in the few scant pieces, gave up, and went in search of my cat and all of her long, long locks. Thus, the crux of the controversy. With this new cut, I was sure, I'd wake up looking much like I did when I went to sleep the night before.

Nope.

If it's possible, I've got hair standing on end. Stretching as far as its sheared locks will stretch ... in all different directions. It's crazy in a Pink, punk rocker sorta way.

As I stood looking at myself this morning, I thought, "Hmmm ... do I try to tame this mess before I go out for my walk? Or ... do I just go out like this, and let the neighbors talk?" I mean, personally, I don't care, but I'm single, and I've been told that it's really sort of significantly important to put one's best foot forward in situations like these. Perhaps, bed-heading it through the neighborhood isn't necessarily putting the appropriate foot forward.

To bedhead or not to bedhead ... that is the question at hand.

Comments

Micah said…
How can we help you decide unless you post a picture? Maybe your bedhead looks cool and trendy. By the way -- LOVE the haircut!
Elly Gilbert said…
Wear a hat. Or just let 'em talk.... I have the same problem. I look like I have lived a rough life when I wake up. Maybe I have and I just slept through it????

Popular Posts