FIELD DAY ... T-MINUS 3 1/2 MORE DAYS LEFT OF SCHOOL!!!

Today was Field Day, and I typically HATE Field Day. Here's why ... for all the reasons that a lot of schools have done away with them. When I was a kid, my very first elementary school did Competitive Field Day with medals and everything. Even as a small child, I was all about the bling. So, obviously, getting a medal would rock my little world. Only, I'm average at best with sporting events. There are a lot of things I can do well, and athletic endeavors? Not one of them! The minute I realized that I had to actually possess talent to get one of those shiny, gold things, I threw up my hands and called it a day.

There are so many kids like I was that are defeated by the fact that they just plain stink at athletic stuff. So, Field Day is tantamount to Chinese water torture or something.

Today? Today was different. Today, our gym teacher had two rotations set up with fun games that were group-oriented at every station. Lots of silliness ... lots of water ... lots of laughter. It was great! What a way to start off our last week of school ... laughing ... playing ... enjoying the AWESOME weather, and just having a good time.

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
I once won 3rd place in a bubble gum blowing contest at our school's field day. Yeah. That's really telling about my athletic prowess...

Popular Posts