RAINY WALKS AND SCRAPED KNEES

Well, the only causality of today's walking field trip was ... ME!!! I left my tennis shoes at home (the thudding you hear is my mother's head hitting her desk over and over again), and I was forced to wear my flip-flops. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, only this particular route we took was a portion of the river that flooded. Left in its receding wake was this slimy, nasty mud. Leave it to me to find a patch, slip in it, and go sailing, landing squarely on my right knee. My poor knees can't catch a break!

It's a scraped,bloody mess with a fair amount of swelling. Yay me!

On the way home, it rained ... so, we're all a sopping, wet mess. Ahhhh ... the sweet, smell of wet, sweaty 4th grader. Yuummmm.

One and a half more days ... one and a half more days ...

Comments

Mom said…
THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD.
Megan said…
:-)

Popular Posts