ELLY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, AND I SHOULD ALWAYS LISTEN

I thought the title should be: REDISCOVERING ME, THE READER.   

I was instructed it should be what you see in the title line.  

Sometimes, sacrifices are made for the good of cause.

I'm going to admit this, publicly.  Yes, I can be big about these things.  I was a hold-out on this whole eReader phenomenon.  I'm not going to say I was completely bashing it.  I'm just going to say that I felt, how shall I put this, slightly snobby, shall we say, about my reading habits.  I mean, like my coffee purist tendencies, I have had a book purist mindset.  I LOVE books.  I love the smell of the pages, and the sound your fingers make when you run them across a crisp, white page.  I love the way the pages sound when you turn them, and I LOVE the interesting cover art and the ding-dang blurb on the back jacket flap, people.  I LOVE BOOKS!

This doesn't extend to wine.  I don't care what score the Wine Spectator gives a certain bottle.  If it's $7, I don't much care.  Long as it tastes good.  Most usually do.  I have a working class palate.  I do have standards though.  I won't, for instance, stoop to Boone's Farm.  I have to set the bar some where.  

So, when two friends, nagged me/bugged me incessantly/exclaimed over (the correct preposition to use here???) the virtues of their Kindles over and over and over again, I did what any red-blooded, book snob would do.  I dug in my heels.

But I recently, I've had a SUPER, SUPER hard time finding ANY of the books I want to read at the library.  And my friend, Elly, the one who is ALWAYS right, told me she reads much faster and way more books with her Kindle and has a much easier time of obtaining books through our library eBooks program.  

Oh hang it!  I took the challenge!  I sucked it up and caved to the nagging.  I sold out and crossed over the line of purist to, I don't know, sold out eReader?

On a whim, I downloaded the app, since I don't currently have a Kindle, and started the process of getting some books.  Elly, the one who is ALWAYS right, loaned me a few of her loan-able books, and, folks, I was off and running!

With this Kindle app? Dude!! My life is all rainbows and unicorns, and the skies are raining down Skittles!  I have read three books on this app in a week's time.  And I've just downloaded two more to read in the next few days.  I mean.  I am LOVING the app!

And I've come to the following conclusion ...

I NEED A KINDLE!!!!   

Dear Mom and Dad, 
Did you read that last statement? I MUST HAVE A KINDLE!!!

Dear Santa Claus, 
Seriously, dude!  I am as good as it's going to get. A Kindle, please???

Yes, I realize I have caved to the Almighty Man.  But did I mention the rainbows?  The unicorns?  The Skittles?  

I am willing to pimp out my ideals for a Kindle PaperWhite.  

Just sayin' ... 

Comments

Popular Posts